Making a self-launching CD of a Microsoft PowerPoint
presentation without Able Photo Slide Show is
not an easy task. If you just include the PowerPoint “show”
file (.pps) and the computer running the CD doesn’t already
have PowerPoint, then there won’t be any show at all. If you
include PowerPoint’s “viewer” you not only must write a
rather large file to the hard drive of the computer
launching the CD, but you also must include detailed
instructions so novices can open the show. And if you want
novices to be able to re-launch the show without loading it
on their hard drives again, then you practically have to
produce a manual.
Able Photo Slide Show is a
cost-effective solution. The following are step-by-step
instructions for turning your PowerPoint into a
stand-alone Able Photo Slide Show and then
into a self-launching CD. At the bottom you will find a
few tips to polish up your presentation and help you
handle some issues you might face in creating the
standalone Slide Show.
The first step is turning PowerPoint Slides into
- Open your PowerPoint presentation in PowerPoint.
Choose File – Save As.
- In the “Save as type” dialog box choose “JPEG
File Interchange Format (*.jpg)” and click Save.
- PowerPoint will ask, “Do you want to export
every slide in the presentation?” Click Yes. Each
slide of your presentation is now saved as a
separate JPEG file in a new folder.
Now we are ready to make the stand-alone Slide
Show with Able Photo Slide Show
- Close PowerPoint and run Able Photo Slide
- Select the slide show options from the dialogue
- Press the "Project Manager" button .
- Go to the directory where your JPEG slides were
- Choose files on the right from a folder tree and
press "Add" or "Add all" buttons or double clicked
on the selected file.
You will notice that the slides are not
positioned properly because they are in alphanumeric
That is, Slide1.jpg is followed by Slide10.jpg,
rather than by Slide2.jpg. Therefore, add files in
This is important for making the stand-alone
show run the way the PowerPoint presentation ran.
- Press "Make EXE, SCR" button when
will collect in the left panel the necessary files.
- In the dialog box, choose the filename and
folder for the standalone slide show, the file type
- Click the "Save" button to save the slide show
under the chosen file name.